13 Cooking Hacks You Need if You Don’t Have a Stove
- Make oatmeal in the microwave.
- Skip the heat altogether with overnight oatmeal.
- Make fried eggs in the microwave.
- Make hardboiled eggs in a coffeepot.
- Spice up avocado toast with microwaved poached eggs.
- A clothing iron acts as the perfect stovetop for many dishes…
- Replace any noodle dish with instant ramen.
Is it possible to fry an egg without a stove?
To make scrambled eggs in the microwave just whisk eggs/ egg whites as you normally would for the stove, except instead of adding to a pan use a microwave-safe bowl or mug (coated with a little nonstick cooking spray). Either way, let eggs sit for a minute before eating. WAFFLE IRON. This one is super simple.
Can you cook rice without a stove?
You just need a good microwave-safe dish that has a lid and can release steam, either through holes or a loose lid. (My mom used a Corningware casserole dish with a glass lid.) Add the usual two parts water to one part rice and a pinch of salt.
How do you cook without an oven?
Summer Cooking: How to Cook Without an Oven or Stove
- Electric Pressure Cooker ($99.99)
- Rice Cooker ($14.99-$119.00)
- Electric Steamer ($39.99, or less)
- Grill ($300, or less)
- Toaster Oven ($27.99-$49.99)
- Electric Sandwich Maker ($29.99, or less)
- Coffee Maker ($14.99 and up)
How can I boil an egg without a stove?
To make a flameless hard-boiled egg, you’ll want to fill a large, deep glass with very hot water. Tap is fine, but you can also zap a glass of water in the microwave the get it to a super-hot temp if you need to. Next, use a slotted spoon to carefully drop your egg into the glass.
Can I fry an egg in the microwave?
Microwave Fried Egg. This microwave fried egg recipe is the closest you’ll get to a pan fried egg without frying it. It’s super easy and it only takes 1 minute! When cooking whole eggs in the microwave, always pierce the yolk with a fork a few times to break its skin and cover it with a paper towel.
How long does it take to cook rice?
Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice and salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, 16 to 18 minutes (check only toward the end of cooking time).
How many ways can you cook rice?
A rice cooker isn’t the only way to cook a perfect pot of rice. Here are three ways, two for the stove top and one for the microwave, that will work just as well.
The rice package should give you guidelines.
- Stovetop Absorption Method.
- Stove top Pasta Method.
- Microwave Method.
Does rice need to be cooked?
While wild, wholegrain or glutinous rice always need to be soaked before cooking, usually overnight, many plain white rices also do. Japanese short-grain rice, for example, once rinsed and completely drained for 10-15 minutes, is best soaked for 30 minutes in its actual cooking water before the heat is turned on.
What can I use instead of an oven?
- Crockpot. Crockpots are a truly excellent tool for you to make use of.
- Convection Oven. A convection oven is the one cooking appliance on this list that comes the closest to replicating a traditional oven.
- Microwave. A microwave should really be a staple of just about every home.
- Indoor Electric Grill.
- Portable Burner.
What can you eat when you don’t have an oven?
- 1 of 20 No-Cook Shrimp Noodle Bowl with Peanut-Ginger Sauce.
- 2 of 20 Creamy Watercress-Cucumber Soup.
- 3 of 20 Ultimate Grilled Tomato Sandwiches.
- 4 of 20 Southwestern Pork Lettuce Wraps.
- 5 of 20 Zoodles with Shrimp and Green Goddess Dressing.
- 6 of 20 Heirloom Tomato Salad with Chicken and Couscous.
What can I make without a stove or oven?
- Asian Noodle Salad with Chicken and Cilantro. marthastewart.com.
- Summer Anchovy Salad. bonappetit.com.
- Roast Chicken and Mango Salad with Yogurt.
- Chef’s Salad with Turkey, Avocado, and Jack Cheese.
- Roast Beef Summer Rolls.
- Apricot-Basil Chicken Salad.
- Spicy Asian Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups.
- Hiyayakko (Japanese Cold Tofu)
How do you hard boil one egg?
Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Cover the pan with a lid and bring water to a rolling boil over high heat; when the water has reached a boil, set the timer for the desired time. Boil for 6 – 7 minutes over medium-high heat for perfect hard boiled eggs.
Can I hard boil eggs in the microwave?
To hard boil eggs in the microwave, start by putting them in a bowl and then filling the bowl with water so the eggs are completely covered. Microwave the eggs on medium for 6-12 minutes, depending on how cooked you want them. Once the eggs are done microwaving, let them cool completely before serving.
How do you microwave an egg without it exploding?
Lightly prick the bottom of the egg with a safety pin or thumbtack to prevent the egg from exploding. Place the egg into the bowl of hot water, cover with a plate, and microwave at 50% power for 4 minutes. If you like a runnier yolk, remove and peel the egg now.