Just turn a bowl upside down and set it on a plate.
Drape your bacon over the top of the bowl, and microwave it for about a minute per slice.
A lot of the unhealthy grease will run down the bowl into the plate, resulting in crispy bacon you won’t believe came from a microwave.
How do you make bacon without paper towels?
Here are a few ways to soak up bacon grease without paper towels.
- Substitute cut up paper bags from the grocery store.
- Use Bambooee bamboo paper towels.
- Keep a stack of rags on hand.
- Buy a bacon-only dish towel.
- Oven-cook your bacon.
How long do you have to put bacon in the microwave?
Line a microwave-safe plate with 3 layers of paper towels. Place bacon on top, without overlapping. Cover with another 2 layers of paper towels. Microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes, for crispy bacon.
Can you cook raw bacon in the microwave?
Line a microwave safe plate with 3-4 paper towels. Lay bacon on the paper towels so that it is not touching. Microwave for 4-5 minutes. Check the bacon and continue to cook for 30 sec-1 minute increments until it is to the desired crispiness.
How do you make bacon crisp in the microwave?
- Place two paper towels on a dinner plate.
- Arrange four slices of bacon on the paper towels, not touching each other.
- Place two more paper towels on top of the bacon slices.
- Microwave on high until crispy. In my microwave, this takes 4 minutes.
- Remove the plate carefully from the microwave.
What can you use instead of paper towels?
If you want to switch to an eco-friendly lifestyle and save money, check out these paper towel alternatives.
- Microfiber Cloths.
- Cotton Napkins.
- Unpaper Towels.
- Beeswax Food Wraps.
- Linen Or Cotton Bowl Covers.
- Chambray Napkins.
- Linen Bread Bags.
Is it OK to microwave bacon?
There’s a right and wrong way to cook bacon in the microwave. To do it correctly, place 3 to 4 slices on a microwave-safe plate lined with a paper towel (be careful not to crowd the plate). Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, depending on your microwave, until just cooked through; allow to rest for 1 minute.