How do you soften apples in the microwave?
- Peel, core and dice apple into bite sized (small) pieces.
- Place apple pieces in microwave safe dish and add 2 tablespoons water.
- Microwave apple on High 1-3 minutes.
- Check on it and stir every 20-30 seconds or so until it reaches desired tenderness.
What happens if you microwave an apple?
So by microwaving an apple you are not killing it. Decay of any fruit happens due to four reasons; its enzymatic activity, its water activity, its microbial activity and its oxygen activity (oxidation). Hence, microwaving an apple for 20 s would prevent its decay for a longer time as compared to a fresh apple.
Is microwaving apples bad?
The sweet fruit melts in your mouth, and the brown sugar- and cinnamon-spiked filling is, well, everything I crave in a fall dessert. And best of all, you can make this sweet treat in the microwave and it’s ready in mere minutes. Okay, okay, so when microwaved, they’re technically not baked apples anymore.
How do you microwave apples for baby food?
Microwave Method: Place prepared apple quarters in microwave safe dish. Add ¼ cup water and cover tightly, allowing a corner to vent. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, stir apples and re-cover and cook for 3 – 6 minutes or until tender.
How do I steam apples?
- Peel the apples, and dice in bite-sized pieces. In a pot fitted with a metal steamer basket, add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Steam the apples on medium-high until the apples are able to be pierced easily with a knife (about 4-5 minutes). Drain, place in a small bowl, and toss with the cinnamon.
Are baked apples healthy?
Healthy Baked Apples. Healthy Baked Apples are a delicious, easy dessert! Gluten free, dairy free + made with only 9 ingredients – they’re the perfect nutritious, fun treat! Typically baked apples are made with lots of butter, and sugar – but they don’t even need that!
What happens when you microwave sugar?
In a clear, microwave-safe bowl, combine water and sugar. Stir well under sugar is completely dissolved. Microwave on high for about 6 to 7 minutes or until color changes to honey-gold. Use immediately.
How do you soften an apple?
If you are preparing several apples, place them into a bowl and mix them with a couple teaspoons of lemon juice to keep them from browning. Place the sliced apples into a microwave-safe dish. Cover the apples with water and place them in the microwave.
How do you soften brown sugar?
A quicker way to soften brown sugar is to put a moist paper towel in a plastic bag with the sugar and microwave it for 20 seconds. If you are leery about microwaving plastic, you could also put the sugar in a glass or ceramic bowl with a moist paper towel and cover it with a lid or plate.