How do you cook a steak in a cast iron pan?
Preheat a cast-iron skillet over high heat until extremely hot, 4-5 minutes.
Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon salt in bottom of skillet; pat beef dry with paper towels.
Place steak into skillet and cook until steak is easily moved, 1-2 minutes; flip, placing steak in a different section of the skillet.
How do you cook a ribeye steak well done in a cast iron skillet?
- Season ribeyes evenly on both sides with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat until oil shimmers and is very hot to hold your hand 3 inches above.
- Gently put 2 of the steaks in the skillet, sear on each side for 3-4 minutes until well crusted.
How do I cook a ribeye steak without a cast iron skillet?
- PREHEAT oven to 250F. Place steaks on a rack over a baking sheet. Rub with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper.
- HEAT oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add steaks and sear until deep brown and crisp, about 3 minutes a side. Hold the steak on their sides and cook the edges for 1 min per side.
How do you cook a 2 inch ribeye steak?
For the perfect medium-rare thick-cut bone-in ribeye steak, grill for 18-20 minutes for a 2-inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F. Rest your steaks for 5 minutes before serving, covering lightly with foil.