What are the best vegetables to put in stir fry?
- water chestnuts
- sugar snap peas
- bell peppers
- green onions
How do you make fried rice from scratch?
- Heat oil in a wok or nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add in garlic, ginger and the white portion of the green onions.
- Add carrots & peas, cook until heated and softened.
- Add rice (and protein if using) continue to cook until rice slightly crisped and brown.
- Add in cooked egg, soy sauce & sesame oil.
How do you dry out rice for fried rice?
Drying the freshly cooked rice by spreading it on a tray and putting it under a fan for one hour does the trick. Kenji’s recommends this method (even more than day old rice!) If you don’t have an hour to wait, you can spread still hot rice on a tray and let the surface moisture evaporate.
What are the main ingredients in fried rice?
How do you cook rice?
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add rice, butter, and a large pinch of salt.
- Bring pan back to a simmer then lower heat and cook, covered, 18 minutes, or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve.