What are good recipe for Black Eyed Peas?
- Instructions Sort & wash the black eyed peas. Set aside. Chop onions & garlic. In a large pot, add in 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and saute the onions and garlic until tender. Add in the chopped meat, black eye peas, & chicken broth Cover and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let sit covered for about 10-15 minutes. Season with red pepper & black pepper if desired.
What is the best way to cook black eyed peas?
Place beans in a large pot and cover them with 4 inches of chicken stock.
Simmer, covered, for about 1 hour.
Start checking after 45 minutes to see of they are tender and add more broth or water as necessary to keep them covered.
Add in a ham bone if you have one for even better black eyed peas!13 Mar 2020
How do you cook dried black eyed peas?
Place dried peas in a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove pot from heat and allow to stand for 60-90 minutes. Drain water and replace with fresh, cold water for cooking – or if you skipped the hot-soaking step, just rinse and add cold water.
What seasoning is good for Black Eyed Peas?
- 1 1⁄2 cups black-eyed peas, cleaned and picked through.
- tablespoons olive oil.
- dried hot red chili pepper.
- garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- teaspoon dried oregano.
- bay leaves.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme.
- teaspoon paprika.
How long does it take to pressure cook black eyed peas?