How do you make black beans and rice from scratch?
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add the oil. Stir in the onions, peppers, garlic, bay leaves and cumin. Stir and cook for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, black beans, tomatoes, water, vinegar and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low.
How do I cook black beans fast?
Quick-soak method: Place the beans in a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil and continue to boil for two minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for two hours. Drain, transfer to a pot, cover with fresh water, and then follow cooking directions.
What goes with black beans and rice?
Garlic or Crusty French Bread
To serve up black beans and rice as a main meal, add some crusty French or garlic bread cut in to manageable sized pieces alongside the dish to enhance the flavor, dip in the sauce and help cut down on some of the spice and heat infused in the rice and beans.
What do you eat black beans with?
20 Delicious Ways to Eat Black Beans
- Cuban Black Bean Soup.
- Easy 5-Ingredient Black Bean Veggie Burgers.
- Easy Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas.
- 10-Minute Black Bean Tacos.
- Roasted Squash, Corn, and Black Bean Enchiladas.
- Loaded Black Bean Nachos.
- Chilled Black Bean, Feta & Cucumber Salad.
- Crunchy Black Bean Tacos.