Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F.
Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How do I cook turkey instructions?
- Prepare the turkey for roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Add liquid to the roasting pan.
- Place the turkey in the oven and turn down the heat.
- Roast the turkey.
- Baste the turkey every 45 minutes.
- Check the turkey’s temperature.
- Rest the turkey before carving.
6 Dec 2019
What temperature do you cook a turkey?
Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. The thermometer should point towards the body, and should not touch the bone. What temperature to cook a turkey: Place the bird on a rack in a roasting pan, and into a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven (or follow recipe instructions).
How long do you cook a turkey at 350?
The simplest say to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird).16 May 2018