What is the best spiral ham?
- The Best Spiral Ham is a HoneyBaked Ham. Our founder, Harry J. Hoenselaar, began making what is now recognized as the best spiral ham over 50 years ago. In fact he invented the category of spiral sliced ham because he invented the slicer.
Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
Remove all packaging materials and place ham on its side, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan; cover loosely with aluminum foil.
Heat approximately 15 to 20 minutes per pound until heated through.
How long do you bake a Smithfield spiral ham?
Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 275˚F for approximately 15 minutes per pound, until heated through (see chart). Do not overcook! Remove ham from oven and let stand 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Is a Smithfield spiral ham already cooked?
Your spiral sliced ham is fully cooked and can be gently heated or served chilled. To heat this ham, heat oven to 275 degrees. Remove packaging, reserving liquid. Place ham cut-side down on a large sheet of foil in a roasting pan.
How do you cook a spiral ham without drying it out?
How to Cook Spiral Ham Without Drying It Out
- Preheat 325.
- Remove spiral ham from package, reserve the liquid. Put the spiral ham in pan with rack in the bottom and with the fat side UP.
- Pour package juices in the bottom of the pan to avoid drying it out.
- Cover spiral ham tightly with foil, no steam escapes.
- Place CENTER of oven.
How do you cook a spiral ham so it stays moist?
The second key to a moist spiral ham is to wrap the ham with foil to help keep the moisture in. If you are planning to apply a glaze do so in about the last 15-20 minutes of cooking with the foil removed. I wrap the ham tightly in heavy duty aluminum foil. You don’t need to wrap the bottom of the ham.
How much are spiral hams at Walmart?
Carando Hickory-Smoked Spiral -Sliced Bone-in Half Ham , 7.75-11.00 lb.
How do you heat a spiral ham in the oven?
Preheat oven to 275°F. Remove all packaging materials and place ham face down directly into baking dish or roasting pan. (Place whole ham on its side.) Cover tightly with lid, foil or place in cooking bag and heat at 275°F for approximately 12-15 minutes per pound.
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound spiral ham?
Place spiral ham cut-side down on the lemons and cover loosely with foil. Bake the ham for about 10 minutes per pound until it is just warmed through. Spiral ham is completely cooked already (so you can even serve it cold if you want).
How do you warm up a fully cooked ham?
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the ham on a rack in a large baking pan and add about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch of water to the pan. If the ham is labeled ‘fully cooked’ (does not require heating), heat it in the oven for about 10 minutes per pound, or to an internal temperature of 140 F.
How do you cut a spiral sliced ham?
How to Cut A Spiral Ham in 6 Easy Steps
- Let the ham rest on the cutting board after roasting it.
- Place the ham so the cut side is facing up.
- Guide your carving knife along the muscle lines, or the fat around the bone.
- The top and bottom pieces will fall away from the bone, but the smallest section will remain attached to the bone until you cut it away.
Do you wash a spiral ham before cooking?
Simply slice and serve. If you prefer, reheat in aluminum foil on low heat (275 degrees) until slightly warm. Uncooked Hams require soaking before cooking since these hams are dry cured. After soaking, wash ham thoroughly in warm water.
Do you wrap ham in foil to bake?
Wrap ham in aluminum foil and place in a baking dish or pan. Juices from the ham will seep out during cooking so make sure the foil forms a loose bowl around the base of the ham and the top of the foil is sealed to prevent moisture from escaping.
How do I cook a precooked ham?
How To Cook A Precooked Ham
- Cut the ham free from the package, cover it in foil and reheat it to a good serving temperature.
- Cooking it at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes per pound should do the trick, depending on the type of ham (whole or half, bone-in or no bone ― these specifics are outlined here).