How long does it take to cook white tapioca pearls?
How to Cook Tapioca Pearls: Instructions.
Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a deep pot, and add the tapioca.
Bring it to a boil again, cover, and turn the heat down to medium low.
Cook covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
How do you cook dry tapioca pearls?
How to prepare Tapioca Pearls for Bubble Tea
- Step 1: Boil Water.
- Step 2: Pour tapioca into boiling water.
- Step 3: Stir lightly.
- Step 4: Let the tapioca float to the top.
- Step 5: Cook for 15 minutes on high heat with cover on.
- Step 6: Steep the cooked tapioca for 15 minutes.
- Step 7: Drain the water from the cooked tapioca.
- Step 8: Cover in sugar syrup.
Can you use white tapioca pearls for bubble tea?
Lastly, uncover the lid, strain the water and rinse the translucent boba gently under running tap water for 5-10 seconds. Thus, your small white tapioca pearls are perfectly cooked! You can use these gorgeous jelly-like translucent white tapioca pearls to make desserts and bubble tea.
Why are my tapioca pearls white?
Tips for Cooking the Pearls
In its dried form, a tapioca pearl is white and opaque. After cooking, the sphere swells to almost twice its original size and becomes translucent. Some cooks insist that tapioca pearls must be soaked in cold water before boiling.