How do I cook the perfect sirloin steak?
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
- Rub the steak all over with a good lug of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
- For more flavour, try one or a combination of the following…
How do you cook steak on the stovetop?
How to cook steak On The Stovetop
- Turn on your exhaust fan and heat a heavy pan over medium-high heat until it’s VERY hot.
- Leave it alone!
- Continue to cook the steaks for another 3 to 4 minutes on the bottom side for rare or medium-rare.
- If you are serving the steaks unsliced, transfer them to plates and serve hot.
How long should you cook a sirloin steak?
Bake for 2 to 6 minutes, to your desired level of doneness. For a 1.5-inch (4 cm) thick steak, that’s usually 2 minutes for rare, 3 minutes for medium rare, 4 minutes for medium, 5 minutes for medium-well and 6 minutes for well done.
How do you cook sirloin steak in a non stick pan?
Pan Frying the Steak
- Heat a pan over medium-high to high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add your steak.
- If your steak isn’t cooked to your liking, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for a few more minutes on each side until it’s ready.
- After you pan fry steak, let it rest on a warm plate for 5 minutes before serving.
How does Gordon Ramsay cook sirloin steak?
Suggested clip 114 seconds
Gordon Ramsay’s ULTIMATE COOKERY COURSE: How to Cook
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do you make sirloin steak tender?
To properly tenderize a steak, lay the steak out on a plate and cover each side with approximately 1 teaspoon of kosher/sea salt before cooking. Use your fingers to gently work the salt granules into the surface, breaking down the fibers of the meat. (For even more flavor, add crushed garlic to the salt.)
Is it better to cook steak on stove or in oven?
As opposed to finishing the steaks on the stove top, transferring them to the oven stops the searing at the ideal point, allowing the interior of the steak to continue cooking without burning the exterior. Depending on the thickness of your steaks, they should take no more than 7 minutes for medium-rare doneness.
Should you cover steak on stovetop?
Flip your steaks over, top them with butter and then throw them into the hot oven for 5 minutes, keeping them in the same skillet. After the 5 minutes, take them out of the oven and transfer steaks to a plate. Cover with foil and rest for 5 more minutes.
Do you cook steak in butter?
Put the pan over high heat, and leave it until it is extremely hot. Add 1T butter and 2T olive or canola oil to the pan and watch for the butter starting to brown. Place the steak into the pan and reduce the heat to medium, cooking the first side for 4-6 minutes.
How is sirloin steak best cooked?
The best way to cook top sirloin steak is on the grill. But pan-seared top sirloin steak is also exceptional, and you can broil top sirloin steak in the oven as well. No matter which method you choose, our cooking instructions and video will deliver the tender and juicy steak you crave.
How is sirloin best cooked?
Sirloin is a lean cut of meat, so it can easily become tough if it’s overcooked. For a tender, juicy sirloin steak, don’t cook the meat past medium doneness. If you have top sirloin, it’s best served rare.
Why is my sirloin tough?
Marinating and dry rubs can increase the flavor by scores. Since sirloin can be a bit tougher than other steaks it requires a high heat and a quick cooking time. For those of you who like your beef the same color inside and out, well done, this steak can be quite chewy.