How do I cook the perfect sirloin steak?
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
- Rub the steak all over with a good lug of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
- For more flavour, try one or a combination of the following…
How do you cook steak on the stovetop?
How to cook steak On The Stovetop
- Turn on your exhaust fan and heat a heavy pan over medium-high heat until it’s VERY hot.
- Leave it alone!
- Continue to cook the steaks for another 3 to 4 minutes on the bottom side for rare or medium-rare.
- If you are serving the steaks unsliced, transfer them to plates and serve hot.
How long should you cook a sirloin steak?
Bake for 2 to 6 minutes, to your desired level of doneness. For a 1.5-inch (4 cm) thick steak, that’s usually 2 minutes for rare, 3 minutes for medium rare, 4 minutes for medium, 5 minutes for medium-well and 6 minutes for well done.
What is the best way to cook a steak?
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Preheat a heavy, oven-safe skillet over high heat until it is smoking hot. Sear steaks in the hot pan for 2-3 minutes per side. If the steak has a side of fat, turn the steak onto its side and render the fat by searing it for 2-3 minutes as well.