How do I cook the perfect sirloin steak?
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
- Rub the steak all over with a good lug of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
- For more flavour, try one or a combination of the following…
12 Feb 2016
How do you cook sirloin steak in a non stick pan?
Pan Frying the Steak
- Heat a pan over medium-high to high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add your steak.
- If your steak isn’t cooked to your liking, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for a few more minutes on each side until it’s ready.
- After you pan fry steak, let it rest on a warm plate for 5 minutes before serving.
How do you make sirloin steak tender?
To properly tenderize a steak, lay the steak out on a plate and cover each side with approximately 1 teaspoon of kosher/sea salt before cooking. Use your fingers to gently work the salt granules into the surface, breaking down the fibers of the meat. (For even more flavor, add crushed garlic to the salt.)
How long should you cook a sirloin steak?
Bake for 2 to 6 minutes, to your desired level of doneness. For a 1.5-inch (4 cm) thick steak, that’s usually 2 minutes for rare, 3 minutes for medium rare, 4 minutes for medium, 5 minutes for medium-well and 6 minutes for well done.22 May 2019
How does Gordon Ramsay cook sirloin steak?
Suggested clip 114 seconds
Gordon Ramsay’s ULTIMATE COOKERY COURSE: How to Cook
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How is sirloin best cooked?
Sirloin is a lean cut of meat, so it can easily become tough if it’s overcooked. For a tender, juicy sirloin steak, don’t cook the meat past medium doneness. If you have top sirloin, it’s best served rare.
Can you cook steak in a nonstick pan?
You should never cook a steak in a non-stick pan. The pan cannot get hot enough to sear the meat. This is important for flavour. Because non stick pans cannot be used at searing temperatures, putting a steak into the pan will cool it down quite substantially.
How do you cook a steak in a pan without an iron skillet?
- PREHEAT oven to 250F. Place steaks on a rack over a baking sheet. Rub with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper.
- HEAT oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add steaks and sear until deep brown and crisp, about 3 minutes a side. Hold the steak on their sides and cook the edges for 1 min per side.
Do you cook steak in butter?
Put the pan over high heat, and leave it until it is extremely hot. Add 1T butter and 2T olive or canola oil to the pan and watch for the butter starting to brown. Place the steak into the pan and reduce the heat to medium, cooking the first side for 4-6 minutes.
Is sirloin steak tender or tough?
The muscles that run along the sides of the backbone, for example, don’t work particularly hard, so cuts from that area (filet mignon, for instance, and rib-eye, porterhouse, T-bone, and sirloin steaks)are inherently tender.
Does vinegar tenderize meat?
The acetic acid in the vinegar breaks down meat fibers, making them more tender and flavorful.
How can I tenderize steak quickly?
How to Tenderize Meat: 6 Easy Ways to Tame Those Tough Cuts
- Beat it. Pounding meat with a mallet is a surprisingly effective way to tenderize it.
- Marinate with acid. Acids can help break down tough meat.
- Marinate with enzymes. Several fruits, such as papaya, pineapple, kiwi and Asian pear, contain enzymes that help tenderize meat.
- Salt it.
- Slice it right.
- Slow-cook it.