How long do you cook sausages in a frying pan?
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray.
- Add sausage.
- Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Carefully add ½ cup water to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until sausage internal temperature reaches 160°F.
How do you cook sausages in a pan?
Put a non-stick pan over a medium heat then add the sausages. A little of the fat from the sausages will start to come out as they warm up, turn the sausages in the hot fat to coat them. Keep cooking for 15-20 mins, moving them around in the pan and turning them over regularly so they all cook evenly.
Can you cook sausage in a cast iron skillet?
Place sausage in hot cast iron skillet and brown on all sides. Add water, cover and let steam for 5 to 8 minutes or until sausages are no longer pink in the middle. Cook over medium heat until soft, about 20 minutes.
What’s the best way to cook sausage?
Method 1 of 4: Pan-Frying Sausages
- Heat a pan on the stove. Light a burner on the stove and set it to medium or medium-high heat.
- Add a little oil.
- Lay the sausages on the hot surface.
- Cook until brown on both sides.
- Flatten or butterfly the sausages to reduce cooking time.
- If needed, finish off by steaming.