How do you make microwave popcorn without microwave?
- Making Microwave Popcorn without a Microwave Heat 3 tablespoons of cooking oil in a large sauce pot. Rip open the bag and pour the kernels into the hot oil. Cover the pot, leaving some space for air to escape. Shake the pot every 30 seconds. Turn off the heat when the “pops” are roughly 2-3 seconds apart.
How do I make perfect popcorn in the microwave?
- Measure the popcorn kernels into the bag.
- Fold over the top: Give the top of the bag two or three folds and firmly crease the seam so that it stays closed.
- Microwave for 2 to 4 minutes on high: Listen closely — when the time between pops slows to about 2 seconds, your popcorn is ready.
Can I pop regular popcorn in the microwave?
Can I pop plain popcorn kernels in a microwave? A: Yes, it’s a cinch to zap your way to this addictive snack. Here’s how: Place 1/3 cup kernels (no oil needed) in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover with a microwave-safe plate and cook on High 2 to 3 minutes or until popping slows.
How do I pop popcorn in the microwave without a bag?
- Pour about 1/4 cup of kernels into the microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover the bowl with the plate.
- Place in the microwave and cook on full power.
- Once the popping has slowed, turn off the microwave and carefully remove the bowl.
- Top with melted butter, your favorite seasonings, or just serve plain!
Why microwave popcorn is bad for you?
Microwave popcorn has also been linked to a serious lung disease called popcorn lung. Diacetyl, a chemical used to give microwave popcorn its buttery flavor and aroma, is linked to severe and irreversible lung damage when inhaled in large amounts. The researchers found a link between long-term exposure and lung damage.