How do I make perfect popcorn in the microwave?
- Measure the popcorn kernels into the bag.
- Fold over the top: Give the top of the bag two or three folds and firmly crease the seam so that it stays closed.
- Microwave for 2 to 4 minutes on high: Listen closely — when the time between pops slows to about 2 seconds, your popcorn is ready.
Can I pop regular popcorn in the microwave?
Can I pop plain popcorn kernels in a microwave? A: Yes, it’s a cinch to zap your way to this addictive snack. Here’s how: Place 1/3 cup kernels (no oil needed) in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover with a microwave-safe plate and cook on High 2 to 3 minutes or until popping slows.
How do I pop popcorn in the microwave without a bag?
- Pour about 1/4 cup of kernels into the microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover the bowl with the plate.
- Place in the microwave and cook on full power.
- Once the popping has slowed, turn off the microwave and carefully remove the bowl.
- Top with melted butter, your favorite seasonings, or just serve plain!
Why microwave popcorn is bad for you?
Microwave popcorn has also been linked to a serious lung disease called popcorn lung. Diacetyl, a chemical used to give microwave popcorn its buttery flavor and aroma, is linked to severe and irreversible lung damage when inhaled in large amounts. The researchers found a link between long-term exposure and lung damage.