My go-to for bratwurst without a grill is:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain sauerkraut then put it in a glass baking dish.
- put a thin layer of brown sugar over the sauerkraut.
- Score the brats and place on the sauerkraut/brown sugar.
- Add salt, pepper, and maybe some cayenne or red pepper flakes.
How do you cook Johnsonville brats without a grill?
- Thaw product prior to cooking.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray.
- Add sausage.
- Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Carefully add 1/2 cup water to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160F.
Do you have to grill brats?
Your brats should be grilled slowly over medium-low heat (between 300 and 350°F) for the best results. It should take about 20 minutes to hit your desired internal temperature of 160°F.
Should I boil brats before grilling?
It is necessary to parboil brats before grilling to ensure that they are thoroughly cooked. Cooking brats in a cast-iron skillet is a good way to do so. Add enough water or other liquid to cover the brats.
Can you cook brats in the oven?
If you want to cook bratwurst in the oven, place your sausages on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake them in a 400°F oven for about 45 minutes, turning them once with tongs while they’re cooking. To learn how to make beer-braised bratwursts, keep reading!