How do you cook a spiral ham so it stays moist?
The second key to a moist spiral ham is to wrap the ham with foil to help keep the moisture in.
If you are planning to apply a glaze do so in about the last 15-20 minutes of cooking with the foil removed.
I wrap the ham tightly in heavy duty aluminum foil.
You don’t need to wrap the bottom of the ham.
How do you cook a spiral ham without drying it out?
How to Cook Spiral Ham Without Drying It Out
- Preheat 325.
- Remove spiral ham from package, reserve the liquid. Put the spiral ham in pan with rack in the bottom and with the fat side UP.
- Pour package juices in the bottom of the pan to avoid drying it out.
- Cover spiral ham tightly with foil, no steam escapes.
- Place CENTER of oven.
How long does it take to cook a spiral cut ham?
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake the ham for about 10 minutes per pound until it is just warmed through.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until ingredients are mixed.
- When ham is done, uncover it and drizzle glaze over the top.
- Serve ham slices warm.
How do you heat a spiral ham?
Preheat oven to 275°F. Remove all packaging materials and place ham face down directly into baking dish or roasting pan. (Place whole ham on its side.) Cover tightly with lid, foil or place in cooking bag and heat at 275°F for approximately 12-15 minutes per pound.