How do I cook the perfect sirloin steak?
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
- Rub the steak all over with a good lug of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
- For more flavour, try one or a combination of the following…
How do you cook sirloin steak in a non stick pan?
Pan Frying the Steak
- Heat a pan over medium-high to high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add your steak.
- If your steak isn’t cooked to your liking, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for a few more minutes on each side until it’s ready.
- After you pan fry steak, let it rest on a warm plate for 5 minutes before serving.
How do you make sirloin steak tender?
To properly tenderize a steak, lay the steak out on a plate and cover each side with approximately 1 teaspoon of kosher/sea salt before cooking. Use your fingers to gently work the salt granules into the surface, breaking down the fibers of the meat. (For even more flavor, add crushed garlic to the salt.)
How long should you cook a sirloin steak?
Bake for 2 to 6 minutes, to your desired level of doneness. For a 1.5-inch (4 cm) thick steak, that’s usually 2 minutes for rare, 3 minutes for medium rare, 4 minutes for medium, 5 minutes for medium-well and 6 minutes for well done.