How much rice and water do I put in my rice cooker?
Measure the water.
- White, long grain – 1 3/4 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (420 mL water per 240 mL rice)
- White, medium grain – 1 1/2 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (360 mL water per 240 mL rice)
- White, short grain – 1 1/4 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (300 mL water per 240 mL rice)
How do you cook white rice in a rice cooker?
Ingredient amounts in the recipe summary are for the default serving size.
- Wash rice. Wash 1 cup of rice in cold water.
- Add water. Add 1 cup of water.
- Cook. Place it in the rice cooker and select white rice (if there is an option).
- Serve. With a rice spatula, flip through the rice very gently.
How long do you cook rice in a rice cooker?
One cup of regular long, medium, or short grain rice typically takes 15 minutes to cook in a rice cooker, parboiled rice tends to take 20 minutes for 1 cup, and 1 cup of whole grain rice can take between 40 and 45 minutes.
What is the ratio of rice and water?
Ratio of rice to water absorption for cooking:
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups of water to 1 cup of uncooked rice. By the time the rice has completed cooking, the water should be completely absorbed into the rice.