How do you cube sweet potatoes?
- Peel the sweet potato with a peeler.
- Cut off the ends with a classic chef’s knife.
- Slice the sides of the potato to square it.
- Make 1/2 inch slices through your potato. You can either eye-ball it or use a ruler.
- Turn the batonnets and cut into 1/2 inch slices, these are your medium diced sweet potatoes.
How do you cook sweet potatoes?
- Preheat oven to 425F. On a baking sheet, (lined with foil for easy clean-up if you wish) prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
- Bake until tender, or until a fork inserted in the thickest part has no resistance, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool, then split the tops open with a knife.
Do you peel sweet potatoes before baking them?
Wash and scrub sweet potatoes thoroughly. There’s no need to fully peel them, but I often quickly run a peeler over them and peel about half of the skin. Dry potatoes well with a towel or paper towel.
How long does it take to boil sweet potatoes?
Boil sweet potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes, until they are tender when pierced with a fork. Note, it will take less time if you cut the sweet potatoes in smaller pieces.
Can you eat sweet potato skin?
Yes, the skin of a sweet potato is edible. Eating the skin will add more nutrition to your plate such as fiber and potassium. Also baking them is a better choice than boiling. It’s also good to know that most of the sweet potato nutrients are preserved when prepared and eaten with the skin.
Why are sweet potatoes so hard to cut?
Sweet potatoes are full of nutrients, vitamins, iron, and magnesium, making them a healthy and delicious food. Because raw sweet potatoes are rather hard, they may seem difficult to cut. Don’t worry, though, you only need a sharp knife and a strategy to easily dice sweet potatoes or cut them into wedges or rounds.
Do sweet potatoes and regular potatoes cook the same?
As a rule of thumb, russets take slightly longer to cook than sweet potatoes. But your cooking method makes a difference in cooking times – sometimes russets and sweet potatoes can cook in the same amount of time. Size also matters, because a large sweet potato may take more time to cook than a tiny russet.
Is boiled sweet potato good for you?
Sweet potatoes are nutritious, high in fiber, very filling, and delicious. They can be eaten boiled, baked, steamed, or fried.
Are sweet potatoes good for you?
Nutritional value of sweet potato
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fibre as well as containing an array of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, and they’re a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C.