What is the best way to cook carrots?
- Cook carrots in a large pot of boiling water until tender. Drain off most of the liquid, leaving bottom of pan covered with water. Set the carrots aside. Stir margarine and brown sugar into the water. Simmer and stir until the margarine melts. Return carrots to the pot, and toss to coat.
How long do you boil carrots for?
To boil carrots, cook 1 pound carrots, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water until crisp-tender.
Here’s how long to cook carrots on the stove top depending on how they’re cut: 7 to 9 minutes for 1/4-inch slices.
4 to 6 minutes for strips.
What is the healthiest way to cook carrots?
Just place diced or baby carrots in a shallow bowl, add a few drops of water and cover with a moist paper towel. Microwave your carrots until they’re tender enough for you to enjoy. The reason steaming is such a healthy way to cook is because you’re not adding any fat to your veggies during the cooking process.
How do you soften carrots?
Blanching, or partially boiling a vegetable for a few minutes in unsalted water, softens carrots just enough to run a knife through them, but doesn’t heat the centers, so it doesn’t alter their flavor. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Rinse the carrots under cool running water and tear the tops off, if present.
How do you cook raw carrots?
Method 4 Boiling Carrots
- Peel and slice the carrots.
- Bring 3cm (1 inch) of salted water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add the carrot slices. Return to boil, then reduce the heat and cover the pan.
- Cook until just tender, but not soft. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.