Is it better to cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered?
A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan.
If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
How do you use a roasting pan with a lid?
How to Use a Roasting Pan
- Place the meat rack in the roasting pan.
- Place the meat to be roasted on the rack.
- Place the roaster on the center rack in a preheated oven.
- Cover the meat with the lid or with tented aluminum foil.
- Allow the meat to rest in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes after it is removed from the oven.
Do you put water in the roasting pan when cooking a turkey?
No. We do not recommend adding water to the pan because it creates a steam and may steam-burn the turkey. The turkey will produce its own flavorful juices. After cooking, you can extend the turkey’s juices with broth or wine, then add it to your gravy for extra flavor.
How do you cook a turkey in a roasting pan?
Suggested clip · 58 seconds
Turkey with your All-Clad Stainless Steel Roasting Pan – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip