How long does it take to cook a ham on the grill?
A good rule of thumb is 12-15 minutes per pound when you stay between 225-250 degrees for a precooked ham.
Track the temperature with your iGrill.
Make sure you put your glaze on 10-15 minutes before you are going to remove your ham from the grill.
How do you cook a ham on a gas grill?
- Preheat the gas grill to 500 degrees.
- Place the ham, flat side down, in a 13- by 9-inch aluminum foil pan.
- Cook the ham over indirect heat for one hour.
- Close the lid to the grill.
- Create a glaze for the ham.
- Apply the glaze to the ham after one hour.
- Add more water to the ham if the pan is dry.
Can you cook a spiral ham on the grill?
Place the ham, flat side down, in the center of the grill over the drip pan. Cover and cook, adding briquettes to a charcoal grill as necessary to maintain the heat, until the internal temperature of the ham reaches 140 degrees F, 1 1/2 to 2 hours or 15 to 18 minutes per pound.
How do I cook a precooked ham?
How To Cook A Precooked Ham
- Cut the ham free from the package, cover it in foil and reheat it to a good serving temperature.
- Cooking it at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes per pound should do the trick, depending on the type of ham (whole or half, bone-in or no bone ― these specifics are outlined here).
How do you warm up a fully cooked ham?
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the ham on a rack in a large baking pan and add about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch of water to the pan. If the ham is labeled ‘fully cooked’ (does not require heating), heat it in the oven for about 10 minutes per pound, or to an internal temperature of 140 F.
How do you heat a precooked ham in the oven?
Add water to the bottom of the pan and cover it tightly with foil. Bake at 325 F for 18 to 20 minutes per pound until a meat thermometer registers 140 F. Unwrap the ham and apply the glaze; increase the heat to 400 F and bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer until the glaze is burnished.
How do I cook on a gas grill?
Just preheat your gas grill as usual for 10 to 15 minutes, and then moderate the temperature by setting the control knobs at medium-off-medium, which will give you a 300° to 350° F oven temperature. If the recipe calls for a hotter oven, turn up the control knobs but leave the center knob off for indirect cooking.
How do you heat a spiral ham?
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Remove packaging and if your ham has a small plastic disk on the underside of the bone, remove and discard the disk.
- Place ham in a shallow roasting pan, cut side down.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes per pound until ham reaches 140°F.
How do you cook a spiral ham without drying it out?
How to Cook Spiral Ham Without Drying It Out
- Preheat 325.
- Remove spiral ham from package, reserve the liquid. Put the spiral ham in pan with rack in the bottom and with the fat side UP.
- Pour package juices in the bottom of the pan to avoid drying it out.
- Cover spiral ham tightly with foil, no steam escapes.
- Place CENTER of oven.