- Preheat the gas grill to 500 degrees.
- Place the ham, flat side down, in a 13- by 9-inch aluminum foil pan.
- Cook the ham over indirect heat for one hour.
- Close the lid to the grill.
- Create a glaze for the ham.
- Apply the glaze to the ham after one hour.
- Add more water to the ham if the pan is dry.
30 Aug 2017
How long do u BBQ a already cooked ham?
Let your ham grill-roast for roughly 15 minutes per pound. Because the ham is already fully cooked, you just need to bring it up to temperature.
How do I cook a precooked ham?
How To Cook A Precooked Ham
- Cut the ham free from the package, cover it in foil and reheat it to a good serving temperature.
- Cooking it at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes per pound should do the trick, depending on the type of ham (whole or half, bone-in or no bone ― these specifics are outlined here).
23 Mar 2018
How do you cook a spiral ham on the grill?
Preheat your charcoal grill to 300 degrees F for indirect heat. Place the baking sheet with the ham on the grill grates, with the ham flat side down. Cover the grill and let the ham cook for 2 hours. Heat the butter, thyme, honey, vinegar, and reserved dry rub together in a medium saucepan until the butter melts.
How do you warm up a fully cooked ham?
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the ham on a rack in a large baking pan and add about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch of water to the pan. If the ham is labeled ‘fully cooked’ (does not require heating), heat it in the oven for about 10 minutes per pound, or to an internal temperature of 140 F.20 Mar 2019
How do you cook a precooked ham on the grill?
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix brown sugar and mustard together in a bowl until a paste forms.
- Place ham on a large piece of aluminum foil. Spread brown sugar paste over entire ham.
- Grill ham on the preheated grill until heated through, about 2 1/2 hours.
How do you cook a ham on a propane grill?
Place the foil-wrapped ham back on the cold side of the grill and insert a meat thermometer in the meat at least 1-inch away from the bone if you have a bone-in cut of ham. Let cook until the thermometer registers 130°F. Every 15 minutes, brush the ham with glaze dripping that have collected in the bottom of the foil.
Do you put water in pan when cooking ham?
Cover the ham with foil or use a baking bag to heat up the ham until it’s time to glaze. You can also add a little bit of liquid, like wine or water, to the bottom of the baking pan for some additional moisture.
How many minutes per pound do you cook a ham?
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place the ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. For a whole 10- to 15-pound ham, allow 18 to 20 minutes per pound; for a half–5 to 7 pounds–about 20 minutes per pound; or for a shank or butt portion weighing 3 to 4 pounds, about 35 minutes to the pound.
How can you tell if a ham is done without a thermometer?
Press the tip of your index finger to the tip of your thumb. The fleshy area below the thumb should give quite a bit. This is what meat cooked to rare feels like. Open up your palm again and compare raw to rare.
How do you cook a spiral ham without drying it out?
How to Cook Spiral Ham Without Drying It Out
- Preheat 325.
- Remove spiral ham from package, reserve the liquid. Put the spiral ham in pan with rack in the bottom and with the fat side UP.
- Pour package juices in the bottom of the pan to avoid drying it out.
- Cover spiral ham tightly with foil, no steam escapes.
- Place CENTER of oven.
How do you heat a precooked ham in the oven?
Add water to the bottom of the pan and cover it tightly with foil. Bake at 325 F for 18 to 20 minutes per pound until a meat thermometer registers 140 F. Unwrap the ham and apply the glaze; increase the heat to 400 F and bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer until the glaze is burnished.
Can I grill a spiral ham?
The spiral slicing also allows heat to penetrate, decreasing cooking time. But even though it’s not advisable to cook a spiral-sliced ham on the spit, cooking this ham on the grill is very easy. Place the foil pan on the cool portion of the grill and bake it until it’s heated through.